Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Day like Today

Today is my 28 th birthday. I know, that seems SO weird to me. Please no "you're almost 30" jokes, I really will cry...really I will and you don't want to be responsible for that, right? I had a great day! I woke up and had chocolate doughnuts. Then we went and got a massage! After we got my drivers license renewed since it expired today. We bought a couple of preemie outfits for Elora and washed them. We also got her car seat secured. Then we went out to dinner with Bryan's mom and as soon as we sat down my phone rang and it was our social worker. I nearly fainted! I know if she calls that it is because of news we need to know. Basically she told us our birthmother had some bloody show yesterday and was told to go and get checked out at the hospital, but she did not go until today. She was monitored for 4 hours and it detected some contractions, but nothing regular. She was also at a 1 cm. She was told to go home and rest and so that is where we are at right now. Elora looks very stable and great, but it would certainly be better for her to stay for a little while longer. I know way to much about preemie's and feel like she would be ok, but I feel somewhat helpless because I cannot protect or really know what is happening. So I just pray. Hasn't it seem I was just here doing that same thing already? Ok, so if I don't post for a while it is because we are on our way and so is Elora. We are going to bring our laptop to the hospital in order to post some photos for my family in MA. How I wish they all could be here!!!

Pray for Elora.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Livy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Did I ever tell you that you and Aliya have the same birthday? She woke up this morning and said "It's my birfday. I free (three) today. I go to my party now." Poor child - her party isn't until Saturday!

I will be praying for you and Bryan to have a safe trip and for Elora and her birth family to have a safe delivery and smooth transition. Blessings to you! How exciting that you are going to have your baby girl very soon!

I LOVE YOU!!!

BeckyJoie at Leaders in Learning said...

May the Lord bless your birthday with Elora's good health!

Angela said...

By the way, I have a bunch of preemie diapers that I'm sure will never ever fit my baby (I have big babies), so they are yours. I'll get them to your place or Tighe's when we get back this weekend. Also, an encouragement- I have a friend who had 2 preemies and while they had some extra concerns at first they did so wonderfully, they are ages 4 ad 2 now and are right on track developmentally. Plus, I got an e-mail for me saying that all the organs are fully developed except for the lungs and that is for my baby. Your daughter is a good 2 weeks more developed than mine. They can also give BM a shot if labor is progressing to help the lungs develop. They keep changing the age of "full term". I used to always hear 38 weeks, but have heard 37 and even 36 weeks. Praying that the timing is just right, but also confident that she is a STRONG daughter of the king. love and peace.

oh, yeah and I've been having contractions for some weeks now. I think with this not being her first, our bodies go into automatic mode. I still have 7 weeks to go and have many contractions a day. This can go on for weeks. I know that may not be the case here, but just to encourage you that she may still have time for developing.