Sunday, November 23, 2008

Petition Update

I wish to expand on my previous post for "Petitioners Needed that are Against Sexual Displays on Vehicles." I have received many signatures already, even from Mrs. Abilene (thank you!) and thank you personally for standing up for this. But I also have had remarks to where some feel like this is a pointless battle with our government. They suggest there is nothing we can really do about protecting our children from sin, so they are choosing not to get involved. With a world with so much sin in it, the best we can do is just learn how to protect our kids from it. But I believe we have a right to step further. I am astounded someone may agree with the validity of the complaint, yet feel like there is nothing that can be done, so why even bother to get involved (dirty or bothered by it?), meaning I guess their signature is a huge involvement. I am not asking people to go present this with me, but I am asking for support if they believe this is wrong, to at least sign the petition.

I also remember so many amazing people like William Wilberforce, and Martin Luther King Jr. whose quest was to abolish slavery. Did the government and the country support slavery? Yes. It seemed an impossible task for these men to petition against slavery. But they knew it was wrong and they pressed on and obtained support from their people to stand up. The ones that said "well it is just too late, there is nothing I can do about it, but just not have slaves." There is more to do when we see sin then to avoid it. I believe we are CALLED to do something about it when we deliberately see sin. But it is not convenient for some people. Are we lazy? Should we just step aside and let satan rule? Yes, he will destroy more and more as these days get evil, but we still have a voice and can stand up for something.

Even today in some cities like Omaha Nebraska, it is illegal to wear pants that slouch exposing the butt. What happened is people decided it was inappropriate and sexually perverted. They petitioned and won and it is illegal Now, wouldn't our situation be right up there if not beyond the density of such an appeal made law? I think sexual demonstrations on vehicles is more damaging then slouching pants.

SIGN PETITION CLICK HERE

1 comment:

BeckyJoie at Leaders in Learning said...

I agree whole-heartedly. I wish we had more brave people stepping up to the petition plate. Let me know what happens as a result. If it is successful there, then you have helped your fellow countrymen and women as well.