Monday, November 10, 2008

Our Meeting

This weekend went very well. We met with our birthparents and talked for two and a half hours with them. We also stayed with some very sweet people who were really loving and supportive to us. I don’t know exactly what to write about everything, as I really am still digesting it and praying over our visit. I was told that Elora is 3 lbs and 4 oz right now! It seemed like the Lord has been working in our birthmoms life too as she felt drawn to us and even mentioned that it might be a spiritual thing that gave her the desire to chose us. I can tell you that I don’t think I have ever been so nervous in my entire life as I was on Saturday. Right before we were about to pull up to the restaurant I could not think about what I was there for anymore or I was to become completely immobile. We drove up and our social worker was there with them and we walked up and I asked if I could give her (the birthmom) a hug and I did. Nothing felt weird or awkward. In fact we were so happy because we all took a photo together at the end. I will put it in an album for only Elora to see someday. We left and went back to our host family’s house and I kept saying over and over again “I can’t believe we just did that!” Who gets to do things like this in life? Not a lot of people. I felt so honored to have been given a chance to meet them and have Elora hear our voices for the first time! It is truly an amazing situation to be in and I thank God that we were given this opportunity.

We also visited the hospital that Elora will be born at. We got to see a little boy only 15 minutes old! I started feeling so much anticipation after we walked down the labor and delivery hall. When will we be here waiting for Elora?

On our way home I became really scared. I started thinking about how much I want everything to go well and worried that they might change their mind or something like that. I don’t know exactly what to tell myself though. All I could come up with is that I would have to concentrate on the Lord and make Him my most desired thing. I am already invested in this birthfamily and believe we were near Elora this weekend. I guess the waiting now for me is not going to be easy. I was doing fine up to this point. Now I am nervous. I can’t control what will happen. I can’t see into the future. I want it to be then so I can feel and see Elora and know she is ok and that we will bring her home. I am sure this is all very normal. I just have to guard my heart and keep praying. Please keep us all in your prayers. Pray that God will give peace to my heart. Pray that God will reveal His love to our birthparents.

Thank you all so much for your phone calls, e-mails, texts, and prayers. We will go back and meet with our birthparents again the first week in December. After that we will wait for Elora to be born and will be called as soon as the birthmother goes into labor. Can’t you just see me running to get everything in the car? I will have everything ready just in case in December. We will drive directly to the hospital and will be able to leave hopefully with Elora when she is 48 hours old.

For God's Glory and to show His Love.

5 comments:

Katie said...

This is all so exciting!! I am so hopeful for you that after all this waiting you will have Elora in your arms one day soon!!! You are definitely still in our prayers, and will continue to be so for a long time to come!! Thank you for the update, and keep us posted on any future updates!! :)

Lynn said...

Olivia - How exciting to be in this place! I will continue to pray for joy and peace for you. That you will not be anxious or worried as you wait, but that you will just be able to revel in what God is doing in this very moment and trust Him fully! I am so happy for you and Bryan! I love you!

Leaders In Learning said...

How thrilling! I'm so happy things are progressing for you! :>)

Rand and Maggie said...

Olivia! I was sooooo happy to get your card and blog addresses yesterday in the mail. I was wondering how I was going to keep up with you three (soon-to-be-four). Can't tell you how many times we have thanked God in the last few days for working His will in your lives and leading you to this place. It was a joy to be there for you this weekend as you met Elora's birthmom. Know that our door is open (you know where the key is!) anytime you get the chance to come this way. Glad you met Shannon too. Thank you for taking those things to her. We love you guys, miss Gracey :-) and can't wait to see you again. Keep looking up!
Love in Christ Jesus!
Maggie

LeighAnn said...

The Spirit spoke through you and gave testimony of Our Great God and the Lord Jeus. It is why nothing was awkward. Now you must release your fears, as you are in the middle of perfect love. Perfect love drives out fear. I think I read that somewhere :) Praise be to the giver of life and love and the Creator of Elora...She is coming home!