Monday, November 17, 2008

Update on Adoption

Yesterday we got an e-mail from our social worker and it let us know that the birthmother is going to allow me in the delivery room. I cried when I read it and was so excited! It was not the original plan, but after meeting with us she felt like this would be ok. I feel so blessed right now. There is a lot that I look back on and ask "why" to. The pain of miscarriages, and losing Natalie. I asked questions and thought of so many reasons why it was unfair that I am unable to give my husband and family the gift of a child. But, there is nothing in me that feels like I am jipped or given a second best option. I feel like I have just been awarded the Nobel peace prize, climbed Mt. Everest, or had dinner with the President! Or maybe it is all three together! I feel SO unbelievably blessed. God has given me this situation and kept me safe to raise our baby girl. So, now I don't ask questions like "who gets told they are not able to kids that are as young as I?" I ask "who gets an opportunity like we do? Who gets to meet the birthparents and love them AND be in the delivery room when she is born?" I feel like the Lord is blessing us with a gift that gives me so much joy thinking about it, because it is something completely out of my control, it HAS to be Him doing it. I know that there is still more time to go by and we will meet and talk with the birthparents more, but I feel like things will be ok and I pray for them everyday. Not just for Elora, but for them, their hearts and emotions, joy and sorrows. I want them to know I care about them too. Keep us in your prayers. Thank you.

2 comments:

Leaders In Learning said...

Wow, what an honor! I'm so happy for you. I'm also glad you are choosing the route you are to build your family!

Rand and Maggie said...

How awesome! Thanking God for this opportunity for you today!
Love ya,
Maggie