Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Taking Meds to Stop Labor

Our birthmother went to the hospital again today because she felt tons of contractions. They checked her and she was a little above a 2 cm, which technically affirms labor. They decided they were going to administer medicine to try and stop labor at least for a week or two so Elora will grow a little more. (She is told she is 35 weeks, although it may just be Elora's measurments being small) The birthmother is at home resting until the next appointment on the 18. I will get to speak with her on the phone that day. It seems that Elora is doing great, but they want to make sure she has as much time as she needs. They say they will stop having our birthmother take the medicine in two weeks maximum (which will be Christmas day!). So unless her water breaks or labor continues even though she is taking the medicine, we will be waiting. I just want everyone to be safe. I am finding all of this information really hard right now and feel very nervous. Please pray for me to have peace.

4 comments:

BeckyJoie at Leaders in Learning said...

Olivia, I understand your fears. I will pray for you, the birthmom and Elora. Father knows best and He will do what is best. May peace flood you today.

Jennifer said...

I pray that God will give you peace... Elora is going to be wonderful and healthy! We do have the best XMAS gifts ever :-)I will keep praying for you, I understand how it could make you nervous... but just remember your precious girl is in the hands of God and will be with you very very soon!!

Katie said...

While it's much easier said than done, just try to relax and get some rest. You will need your rest once Elora is home with you! Know that we're still praying for you. Hopefully Elora will hang in there just a little longer!

Laura said...

olivia- i am so glad i remembered this blog site b/c, i have been wanting to talk to you to get an update. so, after some reading...now i know!!! i am so excited for you guys. what do you need? diapers, clothes, etc? mommy advice? please keep me posted...you can reach me at laurabmorrison@yahoo.com