Tuesday, December 09, 2008
Taking Meds to Stop Labor
Our birthmother went to the hospital again today because she felt tons of contractions. They checked her and she was a little above a 2 cm, which technically affirms labor. They decided they were going to administer medicine to try and stop labor at least for a week or two so Elora will grow a little more. (She is told she is 35 weeks, although it may just be Elora's measurments being small) The birthmother is at home resting until the next appointment on the 18. I will get to speak with her on the phone that day. It seems that Elora is doing great, but they want to make sure she has as much time as she needs. They say they will stop having our birthmother take the medicine in two weeks maximum (which will be Christmas day!). So unless her water breaks or labor continues even though she is taking the medicine, we will be waiting. I just want everyone to be safe. I am finding all of this information really hard right now and feel very nervous. Please pray for me to have peace.