Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Jase: An Uexpected Blessing

I know as soon as everyone reads this post you are going to ask SO many questions. I don't know how much time I have to write, so I will try my best to explain.

We have taken in a wonderful, sweet little boy named Jase. He is nearly 17 months and as cute as can be. We have had him since yesterday and believe that it is completely the Lord that he is with us and that he is doing so amazing right now.

I can't go into tons of the details, but this is strictly a foster situation at the moment that might have the possibility of adoption. We will have him for 4-6 months and we are going to treat and love him nothing less than we would our own son. Many people seem to be a little worried that my heart will get attached or hurt, but I prayed about this non-stop and know there has been a lot in my life to prepare me to love a child and let them go. Not that I would want to, but I know God is giving us a privilege to love Jase right now. I also went into this knowing the outcome most likely will be for him to go back.

We found out about Jase on Sunday night and were given the opportunity to accept him by Monday. We had nothing for a boy at all! Isn't that just like God to give Him an opportunity to provide? Would you know that by 9 pm on Monday night we had mostly everything we needed for Jase for at least a little bit?!

We will have to re-paint the room, but we are not upset about it.

Last night we just prayed and prayed over him and his room. We expected it to perhaps be a rough night, but little Jase had peace and slept all night! And he is napping right now!

When Bryan met me he used to say a lot that I was "his greatest adventure!" There is no doubt that for however long we are blessed to have Jase, whether one hour or 18 years, we are on an adventure that God can use for His glory. I might as well accept that this time before we even get involved right? LOL! And the thing about this is we were approached with the situation, we never had to do anything.

Please pray for Jase and for his family, both biological and foster. We are all so excited to love him. And love is never waisted.

10 comments:

Julie Bastuk said...

Wonderful, wonderful! What a cutie-pie!! I'd send you my baby boy stuff but am obviously going to need it all in a few months again. Enjoy this time...will keep praying for you guys as always!!!

Katie said...

He's a CUTIE!!! I'm so excited that you'll have the opportunity to foster this little guy!! :)

Angela said...

Yeah!!! I can't wait to meet him!

Katelyn said...

Oh my lanta, could he be any more precious. The love you shower him with will impact him for the rest of his life!

Ami said...

Hate to say I told ya so (about the pink paint job), but painting one room isn't that big a deal.

mazal tov!

BeckyJoie at Leaders in Learning said...

Oh, he's so darling! I'm happy for you. If you want any advice about fostering or just someone to relate to, let me know. I would be happy to converse. Bless you, girl. You have a HUGE heart.

Leah said...

He is beautiful and I am so thankful for this opportunity for you. Hugs!!

Lynn said...

Olivia! I am so happy that you and Bryan have the opportunity to pour God's love into this sweet child, for whatever amount of time you have him. You are right, love is never wasted! And I know that you and Bryan will receive so much love back from him as well! Blessings to all of you!

Karin said...

Olivia... G-d never fails! Jase is beautiful! Daniel and I will be praying for the whole family!
May the Shalom of the L-rd be in your home ;0)

Obsessedwithlife said...

Congrats. He's adorable. Praise God!