Thursday, March 05, 2009

Sick, Sick, and more Sick

I think everyone just needs to quarantine themselves for a while. Bryan is very sick and spent most of yesterday hooked up to an IV. He got two pain shots, and then 4 prescriptions. He slept all the rest of the day at home, and the entire day today besides eating. I have never seen him this sick. He has the flu, bronchitis, and was so severely dehydrated that it appeared in his blood work and they could barely find a vein functioning enough to get the IV in. Bryan is such a hard worker and has not been feeling well since Jase and I were sick with strep, but he kept going and going and now, his body is just too tired. He is not the type that will stay in bed and not do anything, but he is listening to me and taking it easy. I really hate that he is so uncomfortable and weak.

So needless to say, I have had sole Jase duty these past couple of days. Bryan needed lots of rest and our house is not that big to where Jase's rambunctiousness would not affect Bryan's ability to relax, so I took him out most of yesterday and today. It has been very hot as well, and my Lupus does not do well with heat and sun exposure, so I feel very weak as well and just so tired. I don't think I have what Bryan has because Jase and I took those antibiotics. I think the Lord protected us. But Jase was acting a little not himself today. He took a majorly long nap and then got tired an hour before his bed time. I hope he doesn't wake with fever. If so, I will take him immediately to the doctor.

Also, my sweet neighbor Tighe's little boy is hospitalized at Hendrick with his 3rd attack from pneumococcal meningitis within one year. His first attack was just a year ago. He was so advanced in the attack that he was life-flighted to Cooks Children's Hospital in Ft. Worth. He was pretty much comatose for days and then slowly he recovered and they wondered what brain function was damaged. It turned out that his hearing was what was damaged, but did not discover that until after many scary days of hoping Isaiah would wake up and wonder what he would be like. He lost most of his hearing ability from the attacks of the disease, but was able to qualify for a cochlear implant. He has been very susceptible to being sick since then. He had a mild case just a short time ago and now he has been diagnosed with it again. They are trying to find out why this keeps reoccurring. Please pray for Isaiah. God has a plan for his life and I wish it didn't involve this pain and disease. He has joy in his little heart and has grown up right in front of me practically. Please pray for Tighe and her husband, Greg. Tighe is one of the most sweetest people you could ever meet. She is real, kind, and extremely compassionate. She loves the Lord and wants to honor Him through everything, even the struggles that don't make sense. Pray for strength. Pray for Greg as he watches the worry on Tighe's heart for their son. Pray that Greg will point to God for their family. Pray he allows himself to take a rest and not feel guilty (part of the Bryan-syndrome!). I just want to take all this pain and worry away from them. I want to give them reasons and answers and a way to feel like that they can do something to prevent these attacks. All of their friends and family are very worried and feel so helpless. We want them to know how special they are to us.

My sister's two girls are really sick to. Ilona, the older girl, has pneumonia. Bella has a double ear infection that looked so bad, she will have to go back next week to make sure there was no permanent damage to her ear. Again I feel so helpless. I hate when little children hurt. And I also know how taxing it is on the parent who watches them struggle, throw-up, wake up moaning and delirious because of fever. It is hard on parents too. And you don't want them to get you sick, or the one child getting the other one sick from what they have.

I hate being sick because for me it take a lot longer to regain my strength after. It just seems it is the "season" to be sick. Yuck!

I think I might quaruntine my family in our house a while or...and don't laugh!!!!! DON"T DO IT!!!!! I brought a can of lysol and disinfecting wipes to the mall play area the other day so Jase could play and me not worry he would get sick. I kind of laughed at myself, but I needed a place for him to play inside out of the heat and that was the only good place. I thought I was a genious! Me holding my lysol can following Jase around with wipes! Can't you just see me?

When it comes down to it, every day is a new beginning. We have opportunity to appreciate, grow, and learn something about Love. The love that comes from God to show us how amazing He is and How much He cares, and then love that propels us to grow. A love that captures our minds so much so that we cannot pass by an opportunity. Our bodies are not created to live forever. Because of sin entering the world, our body gets sick in ways it never would if sin didn't appear and man choose it. So over time we see more people getting sick and all we can do as believers and stay strong and use everything we have to honor God and give Glory to His name. The people who do this are those whose commitment to God is working towards solid and from the right place in the heart. Sin does not mean we have done something wrong and we are getting what we deserve as a punishment from God. It is a consequence of sin and everyone of this earth is affected by it.

Lord I pray for Isaiah. That you would go to his heart and show him You are there. Be with Tighe and Greg, and Lily and Tighe's mom who is here helping them right now. Be with Ilona and Isabella and my sister and her husband RJ. Keep them well and protecting. Give RJ and Cyndi strength as RJ leaves for 2 weeks in the Air Force. Be with Angela and he new baby Emora, and the rest of her family as they adjust to this sweet baby girl. Please be with my friend Casja in Ma. Be with her children and give Casja joy Father, pure joy. That is one of her gifts. God protect Jessica and her new marriage to Aaron. Grow them firmly together. Be with my mom and dad. Be with Bryan's mom and his brothers David and Kevin. Be with Bryan's Dad and stepmom Ellen. Bring us to You Father. Bring all of our hearts to you.

3 comments:

Katelyn said...

I didn't realize everyone in your family was sick. That's awful. I'm praying that it passes quickly.

I really don't like being on Predisone. I usually go on it for five days with 40 mg tablet and by day four or so, I'm going crazy. They really mess with my head. I get really mean, crabby, and irritable which is mostly due to the fact that I only get about four or five hours of sleep a night with them, compared to my usual nine or ten. They make my joints hurt and I'm nauseated for days; however, if this is what it takes to get me on the upswing, I'll do it because I hate feeling so badly.

Thanks for praying and caring for me.

Jennifer said...

I am sorry to hear you guys are sick! This time of year is rough:-( I am praying for fast healing for all of you, and of your friend. I hate when kids hurt as well but I firmly believe he will be just fine!
As for Monday, we may have to do coffee later in the week if at all possible. Our car got hit by a brinks security truck a few weeks ago and we have to take it Monday to be fixed. I completely understand if we have to reschedule Monday and do it when everyone is well!
We are off to Kansas today! I love family road trips LOL:-)
We love you guys and our praying for you all!! Have a great weekend

Katie said...

I am so sorry to hear about all the illness. Everyone is definitely in our prayers. Especially Bryan... I know it's hard to have the sole responsibility of a little one... and to be thrown into it as you were is even tougher!!

I love the mental image I get of you with your Lysol and wipes at the mall playground!! That's hilarious!! Pretty smart, though, I'd say! Maddy and I were supposed to go to a playgroup there this morning, but we didn't make it.

Keep us posted! I hope everyone is well again soon. Especially Isaiah. They have really been through the wringer with his illness. I can't even imagine!!

Love ya!