Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Walk for Lupus

On April 25 me and my friends and family will participate in the Walk for Lupus Now at the Historical Park in Farmers Branch, Texas. I am very excited about it and feel like it will be a great opportunity to share what God has done in my life even through my struggles with Lupus. I am raising money to help find a cure and believe that whatever is raised will support an amazing organization that truly cares about Lupus and the affects it has on people and their families. If you have the ability to give for this cause please click here. Any amount will help research medicines and hopefully a cure for Lupus. The Lupus Foundation of America does not promote or use embryonic stem cell transplants. They are working to help people like me who suffer from severe lupus. In 2004 I underwent the protocol of 2.5 years of Chemotherapy. Today, because of generous donations, awareness, and amazing doctors, someone in my situation will not have the same protocol. The medicines used cut treatment down to 3 months of oral medicines! Isn't that encouraging?!!! I am gathering my team to walk with me, Bryan's designing our T-Shirts with our sponsor McTee's T-Shirt Printing (Thank YOU!), and I am praying for a great weekend. Please join us! Walk with us or donate for our team. You can e-mail me, call, or go on the website.


To find out how much you know about Lupus take the Quiz!

No comments: