Friday, July 31, 2009

A Moment

I took Gracey for a walk today and it began to rain very hard almost as soon as we were far enough away from the car to really try and get back without needing a raft. So we stood underneath an overhang by one of the buildings in hopes it would clear up soon. Minutes went by with us just sitting there watching the rain. It actually was very peaceful and soothing to hear the drops hitting the building and street. But it wasn't even for that tranquil moment we sat there as an audience. God gave me a private little show this afternoon that warmed my heart. A mini-van pulled up across the building I was at and out piled an entire family! Out in the middle of a very heavy rain storm the family ran from tree to tree, jumped in puddles on the street, and laughed at each other with wet sopping hair. It carried on for a while and all I could think about was perhaps the Lord gave the rain at that moment, at that place specifically for that family to enjoy and make a memory. They rounded the building to their left, ran up and down the curbs, hid behind a tree that really portrayed more of a stick then a suitable hiding apparatus, and almost as quick as the adventure began they hopped back into their van and drove away. I don't know that they ever noticed I was watching them, and I'm glad for this because the heart of the joy they have for each other was evident and not created. God smiled watching them too and joy swept His heart for His children that played in His beauty.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

This is beautiful--it brought a tear to my eye. I love the Lord.

Brad said...

Glad I got to meet Gracey! What a sweet little girl. I almost loaded her into the car when you weren't looking! Ha!