Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Follower

I've been asked why I don't give up. And yet the answer is simple. Life is one huge journey, a path to walk on. Sure I could go into all the symbolism of the things encountered, the inclines and dips, the attacks of the wild beasts, extreme hunger, thirst, pain, tiredness, and other deep realities of survival. My path has never been a "point A to point B" one." I have encountered thousands, if not millions, of divides and choices to make of which way I should go. And it has happened in such a way that even if I wanted to turn back, I wouldn't be able to find my way. I am drawn to keep going forward because I know that every time I make the right decision of what path I take, that it brings me closer to God. Because of my pain and the comfort Jesus has brought me, and is still bringing, I can continue with hope. The answer is simple, I'd rather die trying than give up. I know my Shepherd voice, and I follow.

Jesus said, "My sheep know my voice, and I know them, and they follow me" (John 10:27).

Our hearts have to be prepared to follow in all kinds of seasons of our lives. Sometimes the choice produces a peaceful emotion, and other times we feel absolutely nothing, but this does NOT mean that God is not there. When you chose God in the times when it is the hardest you are acting as a warrior and fighting for Truth. The Truth is in us when we accept Jesus as our Savior. It is our biggest weapon and One we should not be afraid to use.

Praise Jesus.

No comments: