Tuesday, September 22, 2009

One Thing

I walked along to try and discover perhaps one thing that is the same.

I stood at the oceans edge. Tide in, tide out, crashing into the rocks, a teaseful game of there and then no more. Water changes everything. My answer was not here.

I traveled by car up beautiful mountain's, saw tree's, plants, and animals that have been here for hundreds of years, but they too, despite their beauty, could not relent the secrets of my quest.

I sat above cascades of sand and canyons that were once bigger than I could have imagined. Grinding, molded, changed, just like me. Could they whisper to me and show me? No.

Disappointed I lay down in a field. Plain, exposed, and endless. I starred up above and gasped as I realized that right above me all along was my answer. I looked up into the heavens, bowed my head in awe and thanked the Lord for the sun (Son).


"The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands."

Psalm 19:1

No comments: