Tuesday, September 29, 2009

No Flu Vaccine For Me

This will be the second year in a row I will refuse the flu vaccine. Because of my susceptibility from Lupus, my doctors completely do not agree, but I feel very strongly against this "so called" vaccine. I am not telling anyone what to do or not to do, but I really feel like you should do some strong research before you allow anyone to put something into your body (or your child's) that has not even been proven to work. I read articles by Patricia Doyle, PhD , Jo Macfarlane, and Mary Tarrett, that mention some good points that will shock you. I was even told, which I am not 100% sure of, that the creators of the "swin flu vaccine" wont even takt it themselves. A lot of doctors as well are refusing to. I really feel like it is our obligation as US citizens to question what our government suggests or even in some cases require. Maybe our country isn't looking out for the best of us after all, perhaps it is just looking out for the success of few. I believe this is the time to inspect the demands of society on our lives and our children. Just because someone (whoever that someone may be) says we have to take this shot does not mean we just follow like lost puppies without further educating ourselves to something that could have major affects on us and our future. There are many alternate actions one can take to prevent getting sick. Every year that I took the shot before I ended up getting sick and feeling sick for weeks. Last year, without doing all this research, I decided I just couldn't do it. I dreaded it and decided I would rather just stay at home and make sure I was not around anyone who was sick. I was very happy with that choice. It is more annoying than thinking I had immunity from a vaccine, but in the end I feel good about it and after reading all these articles I know I made the right choice.

What do you think?????? Vote on my poll by clicking the silver box of your answer. I'm interested to see the results!