Monday, October 19, 2009

Those Will Come

I know this post is long, but I pray in Jesus Name you will find the time to read it.

I despise “evangelists” that are wolves in sheep clothing. The worst part about one I saw last night on the news was that it was completely obvious he was a fake. Something comes over me when I see this, it is like a mother watching her child trying to be tricked and deceived, my defenses go up and I begin to pray instantly out loud with truth in attack back. I shouted scripture last night so loud Gracey even thought I was angry and ran to take cover. It wasn’t anger, but the absolute disgust that someone could think they are so worthy.

The news interviewed Benny Hinn who claims to heal people. In this “One time Exclusive Interview” he sat there boastful, arrogant, and obviously relishing in the fact he was getting publicity. When asked about him healing people he responds, “I heal people because I have the Holy Spirit in me.” Stop, right there! No, no, no…there is no “I” to healing. If he were true and cautious to submit to the Holy Spirit that he could be so blessed to heal someone in Jesus’ name, there would never be an “I” in what happens. It is not “I heal people.” It is ALL the Lord and any and all honor should be given to Him. But there was no glory really being given to Jesus. He took all the glory for himself. I consider believing he really feels like he thinks what he is doing is the Lord, but I feel like satan is doing to him exactly what he is doing to others. God’s word says in 2 Corinthians 11:14, “And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.” He whispers lies to other people obeying something, but who knows who actually is speaking. This man carelessly talked of his wealth and how he has a lot of money and likes staying at the best hotels and wearing the best clothing. Why would you waste the opportunity to speak about the True Healer by talking about your wealth? I tell you just even looking at him just sets off an alarm inside of my spirit.

Don’t you think if you were of the Lord purely to give glory that EVERY word you spoke on national television would desire to be of the Lord in reverent fear? Wouldn’t you pray the Lord would give you the right words to declare His glory? Wouldn’t you shake with joy or apprehension at the ability to be like Paul and stand before people to show how amazing the Lord is and what Jesus can do for your heart not what you can do if you come to a session by buying a ticket or give money to my ministry? Wouldn’t you pray on your knees fervently for wisdom? Wouldn’t all you do in the interview be something to point to Jesus!? Wouldn’t you use the opportunity to tell the world Jesus heals? That He heals you now, that He desires your heart and can show you His Love?

In the end times Jesus tells us to be on guard against those who will try and deceive us into exchanging the truth for a lie. I believe we are in those times and should really pray and read the Word so we can discern. The more I see things like this, the more I want to read the Bible and pray and seek God because if I don’t then I worry I will become a sucker for something that may seem like truth, but not. We do so many things to help our lives and our families, but we don’t even realize what a huge spiritual battle is going on around us. In order to know what Truth is we have to seek it and implant it in our hearts and minds because it is so easy not to these days. It happens slowly and over time. We compromise so much and don’t even realize how far away we really are.

“For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.”
2 Timothy 4:3

“But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.”
2 Timothy 3:1-5

"The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.”
1 Timothy 4:1,2

“The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders…”
2 Thessalonians 2:9

“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”
Ephesians 6:12

“Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?”
2 Corinthians 13:5

Whether it is a commercial, a show, or a movie I have begun to expose lies and ask God to keep showing me wisdom so I may discern through so many people who try to lead us astray by pride, recognition and power for themselves rather than giving glory to Jesus. I turn off shows or movies, and even forbid myself to watch some shows I like because the morals and what they stand for is something I am just not willing to compromise any longer. It is just not worth it to me anymore. God says, “train yourself to be godly.” (1 Timothy 4:7b). We must purposefully seek Truth and live it day to day.

In a world where so many people are suffering and seeking hope, the ability for someone to take advantage of this causes me to desire Jesus more and more.

3 comments:

BeckyJoie at Leaders in Learning said...

Amen, Olivia! I'm right there with you shouting my lungs out!

Julie Bastuk said...

I'm laughing out loud reading this post, not because I disagree with you, but because it reminds me of every time Mike encounters something to do with Benny Hinn. I love your passion Olivia...you rock.

BK said...

"Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the pressence of many witnesses." 1 Timothy 6:12

Well said, Olivia!