Sunday, November 15, 2009

26.2 miles:4 hours 43 minutes and 48 seconds later!

Bryan with his medal!

Bryan did it! 26.2 miles in 4hours 43 minutes and 48 seconds!

Bryan crossing the finish line!

All I can say is "WOW!" You have no idea what he has been through to do this! It has been a long day. We got up at 4:30am after really not sleeping much, walked to the bus station so Bryan could catch his shuttle to the starting line. He arrived there and began the race in a corral group around 7:45-7:50 ish. Gracey and I then went to mile-marker 1 and cheered him on. We then went to the finish line and waited and waited and then finally I saw this very cute guy running towards us! But I have to pause here briefly...I am NOT joking when I tell you people were literally dropping like flies all around us and had to be carried by medics to a near by medical station. It was a extremely hot and humid day here and people were getting very over-heated. The clock said 5:08, but since he started in a pace-group he began after the clock started, so his time was tracked by his shoe-tracker. After I saw this one man pass out only several feet from the finish and carried across the finish...not even knowing really where he was, I began to get very worried. There were 30,000 runners and just think of all the people who came to cheer them on! I was a little piece of sand on a huge ocean beach! But I prayed and asked the Lord to help Bryan see me and Gracey and he did! It was nearly impossible to get a good shot of him, but I tried!

After we finally found each other by Bryan borrowing a cell phone to call me to meet him, we sat there and Bryan just started to cry and cry! He was happy, and he did it and we found each other and rejoiced! I was very nervous the whole time he was running, but I knew the Lord would see him through to the finish. I was just happy he wasn't one of the people passing out.

There is so much more I want to write, but we are at the hotel still and I will get to write more when we get home. Here are some AMAZING photos of my WONDERFUL husband. Thank you all who prayed for him and wrote the notes of encouragement. He got them after he finished and cried from joy and feeling so loved by you all.

Us before the race!

Gracey was here to cheer him on, she thinks SHE did the race...and we are not telling her otherwise!


Bryan with all his 50 encouragement notes!

4 comments:

Katelyn said...

Way to go Bryan! That is such a great accomplishment!!

Katie said...

CONGRATS BRYAN!!!! That's a huge accomplishment!!! We're VERY proud of you!!!

Love,
Bryan, Katie, Maddy and Nash Williams

Angela said...

wooohooo! congratultions!

Leah said...

Incredible!! Very impressive and inspiring.

Any news on Gracey? I have been thinking about her (and you). You know I know how much you love her!

Hugs!!