Thursday, November 19, 2009

Gracey Update

Last week we got Gracey's tests results back and they were not good. They decided there was a possibility the two samples got mixed up (they took a sample from her after she fasted, and then again 2 hours after she ate to see what her liver enzymes would do) but either way, the levels indicate something is wrong with her liver. So, they decided to repeat the test, which is actually going on right now. If the test comes back bad again we will bring her to a specialist and they will do an ultrasound of her liver and see if there is a shunt. If so it could be operable, or if it is in the small ventricles we could try a medicine. She seems to be ok. She went on our trip with us and did a lot of walking. I picked her up as much as I could, but still she was really pushed a lot physically. She has been resting a lot, but not in a way that makes me think she is hurting or reacting to the liver. So again we wait for the test to come back in about a week and we will go from there. But I pray for healing for her! She is such an amazing little dog and I am so thankful for her.


Katie said...

I pray for the same!! Of course, she had an incredible role model (you), so I think she'll be brave and make it through this!! Thank you for the update.

Mandy said...

Awww...I will pray for healing too. She is such a little lady. Love the picture of your husband kissing her-- precious!

Leah said...

Thank you for the update! I will be thinking about you.