Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Praise the Lord!

Yesterday will be a day I will remember for the rest of my life! Bryan and I completed reading the Bible together! It took 3 years for us to do it and I could barely hold my excitement in as we read through Revelation last night. Honestly I didn't want it to end!

You would think since I went to a Christian High School and University that I would have read the entire Bible, but I never had. I read most of the Old Testament and all of the New Testament, but I always felt sad that I had never read through the whole thing.

Bryan devised a Bible reading plan before I met him and he got a blank sheet out and we began in November 2006. It is really simple: read when you can and as much as you want and mark off the chapters you read. Sometimes we only read a chapter per night and other days we would read an entire 36 chapter book! We read out loud and alternated between paragraphs.


The Lord revealed to me many things as we journeyed through the Word. I began reading it myself a while back and hope to finish this up coming year. Hurray! Thank You Lord for giving us Your Word, Truth, and Hope!

2 comments:

BeckyJoie at Leaders in Learning said...

Great accomplishment and Merry Christmas to you. What a gift to give yourselves and the Lord.

Karin said...

Merry Christmas to you both! That is a desire of mine!!!! You both as always give me inspiration!!!!