Saturday, February 20, 2010

Our Temporary Newest Squeegee

We are respite foster parents for a little while and have a sweet little girl! Please pray for her. She is such a little joy to behold. We are loving every bit of it. I haven't been able to whip out the big honker camera yet, but just wait until I can get my lens of this kiddo! She has a smile full of dimples that can just melt your heart.

Of course a squeegee is technically a tool used to scrape water off surfaces, but in my world it is a universal term for anything cute that crawls on the ground and scurries like a squeegee making noise...see it makes sense now, huh? My sister and I use this word so much I actually forget that other people don't use it to describe everything...even yesterday when I was picking her up I used it saying, "I need to squeegee the straps on the car seat up" and then later I realized they probably had no clue what I was saying! LOL!

7 comments:

Katie said...

How exciting!!!! What a cutie!! :)

M said...

Oh yay!!! How fun for you to be able to share her for a little while... too bad it's not more long-term, but I know someone's coming for you...! :) Give her lots of love while you can.

Angela said...

aw- she is beautiful. I know you will be a bright light in her life.

Katelyn said...

She is gorgeous. :)

BK said...

Olivia, you are truly squeegerific!

M said...

I haven't heard from you in a while...just so you know, once a blog goes private, you don't get updates on your dashboard anymore. So maybe you haven't noticed I've been blogging? Not that I'm that important to follow religiously of course!!! I just miss hearing your point of view. :) Hope you guys are doing well with the little one.

BeckyJoie said...

Very sweet little girl but I recognize the sad face many foster children have. I will pray for her joy to return to her. Poor thing! I will pray for you too in how to help her to heal, too.