Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Thomas Kinkade's Christmas Cottage

I know it's not Christmas, but I watched a Christmas movie called "Thomas Kinkade's Christmas Cottage." I wasn't very interested in it when it came out, but it was available to check out at the library and I had no agenda for the evening, so I rented it. Besides one very nasty girl character which I fast forwarded every time she was on, it actually was good as it represented life being expressed in art. One particular quote from the movie was "Art isn't about the artist, it is about life, beauty, love and emotion. Art should bring emotion that can topple tyranny." Another thing I will remember about it was Thomas Kinkade's mentor told him, I wont teach you HOW to do art, (paint in this case), but I want to teach you WHY. We can learn to do so many amazing things in life, but if there is no purpose or reason behind it...if there is no why, then it is hollow and useless.

No comments: