Monday, March 01, 2010

Not Fun

I got very sick this past week and ended up in the ER for 7 hours trying to get me to stop throwing up blood. It was so terrible, I felt like I was chocking and couldn't breathe so they put me on oxygen, a heart monitor, stuck 1 IV in and I threw up so hard it infiltrated and they had to do a second one leaving me with a MONSTROUS bruise that goes around my whole entire wrist, waited 4 hours until they finally gave me some zofran, then had to do a chest x-ray and finally they determined I had a real bad flu! I guess with my Lupus and how hard I was vomiting my whole body just went into shock mode. My sweet mother-in-law came to take care of me as Bryan missed a day of work to take me to the hospital. She seriously has super powers and has cleaned, cooked, and just made me smile while feeling so yucky. My friend Jenn rescued us on Thursday and got my medicine and food for us! Gracey of course has been extra-snugglelicious. The worst part about this is how long it takes me to recover my strength, even now I am still very weak. My poor friend and Photography Student has been cancelled on the last two weeks! I feel like I've dropped off the face of the earth! In time I'll be back to myself!

So what do you do when you are feeling so yucky...you amuse yourself with taking silly pictures on your cellphone!


Gracey was happily snuggled deep under the covers before I had the ingenious idea to take a photo with her, you can see the confusion in her little face! LOL! Poor thing.

Hear no evil (my beloved ear plugs!)

See no evil

Smell no evil! (That's the way it goes, right?)


I know these photo's will come back to haunt me someday! LOL! What can ya do?

5 comments:

Katie said...

I hope you're on the mend!!! It sounds like things were pretty scary for a little while!! I saw your hubby at the store today. I was so busy doing my thing at the checkout that I didn't even realize he had walked up and started talking to me!! Nice guy he is!! You don't worry about me. Get well and we still have some time to have lessons before we move. I hope to see you soon. Keep resting!!! :)

Jennifer said...

Ha! WOW ur a silly one! So cute! I am so glad Diane was there to help you!!!!

BeckyJoie said...

Get well soon, I'm sorry you are so sick.

Angela said...

You are so amazing. I am charmed by your grace. I have no idea how you can be hurting and yet put such huge smiles on other's faces. You humor is a priceless gift. Healing and strength to you beautiful friend.

M said...

I am so sorry to hear how sick you have been!!! And here I was, selfishly wanting to hear from you. I hope you are well on your way to feeling 100% back to normal. How are things going at home right now? Do you still have your temporary little "squeegee"? Isn't it nice to have a nice warm little doggie to love you and to love on when you are feeling sick? How nice of your mother-in-law to help you guys out so much. She must really love you! :)