Wednesday, June 23, 2010

1 Cloth, a Lamp and a Camera

I received this cloth from my Barat (word for friend in Hungarian) when she traveled around the entire world for a year and was in Kenya. It is a precious piece of fabric shimmering with butterflies (imagine that!!!), flowers, and did I mention it's PINK? I don't consider "things" that important, but this ranks up on the scale of something I'd consider saving if my house were on fire. Last night I wanted to fiddle around with exposure/contrast/and lighting and kind of played "dress up" with this clothe as a sort of prayer shawl. I thought of Biblical Christian women as I did these self-portraits. I actually took them in the Monochrome filter setting which I have never done, but was pleased with the results of both texture and depth. All I used was one single not-so-very-pretty lamp. I think I am beginning to love single-lighted illumination shots. It really brings a certain attitude and mystery to the photos.

NOTE*** I am not Muslim, just in case anyone has the idea to suggest this by these photos. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and died upon the cross for our sins.

1 comment:

Angela said...

you are so amazing! I love what you can get out of a place, people, thing and camera! A picture means a million words when you take it! Thanks for sharing, always. Miss you!!