Tuesday, August 24, 2010

5 Seconds

I realized in a new way how amazing 5 seconds could be when I was in a car accident yesterday morning. 5 seconds earlier or later I am sure Gracey and I would have died or the other persons precious children would have been very badly wounded. The odd thing about it was that I really never felt scared or shaky even after it happened. Sadly however the other lady was very upset and irrational. The officer had to step in between her so she couldn't talk to me. Of course you replay things like this in your head over and over again when it happens even though I KNOW my light was green. I had never been in a collision before so I was just trying to deal with all the "what if's" and making myself turn it over to the Lord as much as I could all last night. The damage was SO minor to her car because she was speeding, Stormy (our Faithful transportation station) suffered the brunt of it since I was going so slow. I believe it was a Miracle of the Lord that the airbags didn't go off. Gracey and I were on our way for a walk and then to PETS and she was in my lap. Bryan said she wouldn't have lived through an impact of an airbag, he said I would have been very badly hurt if that happened. Just the night before I couldn't sleep so I was praying and anointing my home and, get this, even Gracey with oil asking God for blessings and protection.

So since then I have been dealing with insurance, adjusters, and getting an estimate all while hoping we will have everything repaired before we leave for the wedding and our anniversary trip next week. I am not mad about the car. I have no anger, everyone makes mistakes. A car is just a car, the kids and their Mom, and Gracey are what I care about and what I did care about immediately after it happened. I am just sad that people have to be so mean to each other. If she was mean right away because of being scared and shocked that is one thing, but she decided to put on a show for the police officer who arrived 30 minutes after it happened. I can honestly say I am asking God to give her peace and that we can consider ourselves blessed and look at all our blessings more closely because life can change in a matter of seconds.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my goodness Olivia!!!! That's so scary!! I'm so glad that everyone is okay. My mom always says that's why they're called accidents. Otherwise, they'd be called "on purposes". I hope you get everything straightened out quickly and without too much of a headache. BIG HUGS to you and Gracey!!

LauraJacobs said...

BARAT!! I'm so glad you and Gracey are absolutely okay... May insurance and adjusters and all that "recovery" go quickly and smoothly...

And let's just talk about how cool it is that God gives us those little warnings ahead of time... "Hmmm... I think I'm feeling anxious... I'll pray and anoint and release all of this to God again..." And then you know why. Love walking with His voice...

Kristi said...

Glad you're all okay.

M said...

I am so glad to hear that everyone was fine! I hate car accidents.

Angela said...

Wow, so glad that you and Gracie are ok. Yeah for you with having peace and grace through it all. Now you are praying for that lady and maybe that was why it all happened in the first place, for that lady to have your prayers. Who knows, but God is good.

Olivia said...

Thank you all for your kindess. I am glad I have friends to stop by and be thankful that I am alive...that's gotta make a person feel good! He-He!!! Bryan bought me a huge chocolate cake that night to celebrate that Gracey and I were alive...you are welcome to send me any forms of chocolate as well....LOL...I am JUST REALLY JOKING!!! Love you all.