Sunday, October 17, 2010

Saying "Good-bye" is Never Easy

One of my best friends moved today. We went and celebrated her birthday all day yesterday and spent the whole day laughing and crying. It was very special. We enjoyed the bowling alley where I "played" (meaning I knocked down a couple of pins the whole game), we sang "Happy Birthday" and ate yummy cake that Bryan and I made for her that says "Happy Birthday Jenn, Friends are Forever!" The kids had so much fun running around the alley and bowling as well. Just Jenn and I spent some rare time without the kids and talked and SHOPPED (whew-whew!).

She is a precious person, with a beauty and passion for the Lord. I kept telling her I don't know what I am going to do without her, and I mean it. Knowing she was nearby was a huge comfort to me. We would cook together, go out on double-dates with our Hubby's, play Catan (GO CATAN!), celebrate birthday's and Thanksgiving's together, prayed together and fight for each other as sister's in the Lord, cry when bad things happened to us or our families, and rejoiced in the hope and on the days where God showed us His Love. I always could count on her. A couple of days ago I came home from hanging out with her and the kids and I just started to cry thinking about how she was leaving. I coulnd't stop...Bryan had to come over and hold me in his arms. I just cried and cried. It takes so long for me to open up to people, because to me people have been unpredictable, I don't know how long they will stay around, or if they will die, leave me, or decide they don't want to work things out in friendship. But Jenn saw past this and used her Jenn-tility (Like that!!!???? LOL....I know...I'm hilarious!!!), to help me and assure me.

God gives us new seasons, and this is a good one for her and the family. God will never leave them and they will grow in strength in their new home and city. I am confident she will thrive wherever she is. God has His Hands on her and her family. I speak Blessings over them all and for a safe and peaceful transition.

To my Jenn: Thank you for being a friend who is like a sister. You have given me a true gift in that you are a TRUE friend to me. Thank you for letting me be a part of MaeLiegh, Audriana and Neco-Nators lives. You have blessed me with the ability to be an Auntie-La-La to them. I love them and consider them my nieces and nephews. They are a joy I have been honored to be a part of. Thank you for giving me that gift, the gift of letting me love them. My heart aches that I will not be a part of their everyday life anymore. But I will think about them often and pray for God's Love to be growing them. I love and cherish you Jenn!

"A mirror reflects a man's face, but what he is really like is shown by the kind of friends he chooses."
- Proverbs 27:19

"Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens his friend's countenance."
-Proverbs 27:17

I LOVE YOU JENN & ADRAIN, I LOVE YOU MAELEIGH, I LOVE YOU ADRIANA ROSE, I LOVE YOU NECO(NATOR)!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

aw sigh, I understand. hugs to you and may Jesus wrap you up in a special love to ease your heart pain.

M said...

It is SO hard having close friends far away...my prayers are with you. :)