Monday, October 25, 2010

Yet

"Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,

yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

The Sovereign LORD is my strength."
Habakkuk 3:17-19


I took this self-portrait last night and when I saw it this morning it made me think about prayers. I looked up different prayers of people in the Bible and came across Habakkuk's. Circumstances between him and I are very different, but I think the Lord has used his recorded prayer to help me as I walk through some very "dry" places as well. Places like Habakkuk lived, where war and selfishness rule and cause very real after affects.

The word that most stands out to me in his plea is the word "YET." Such a simple nothing word, but it changes everything...it cancels out anything stated previously...it makes a new beginning for what is said next. So today, my prayer is similar to a man who lived so long ago, it is one of "YET" of a new beginning and affirmation of my focus no matter what.

1 comment:

Julie Bastuk said...

I love that passage...it's my life verse...er...verses! :)