Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lunar Eclipse

The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they reveal knowledge.
They have no speech, they use no words;
no sound is heard from them.
Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
Psalm 19:1-4

Last night at about 1 am Bryan and I sat outside for an hour and watched the Lunar Eclipse. It was really so beautiful. More than that I am blown away by the photos we got of it. I helped set up the speed and ISO along with the exposure and Bryan ended up taking some REALLY AMAZING photos. I just looked at them for the first time and got chills. I sprawled out on our only lawn chair and just stared up in the sky and watched the moon slowly disappear until it was all red. If you were able to see it along with us, I wonder if you sensed the same thing...it looked as if the moon were literally a round reachable Christmas ornament dangling only hundreds of feet from our heads. It was so tangible, near, and distinct. I couldn't get over its size, shape, and texture. Bryan took over 100 photos in that hour, and I could only choose a couple to post.

Slowly the moon is becoming a shadow.

Only a little sliver is left seen. But the brightness of that one spot was almost blinding to look at.

A full Lunar Eclipse!!!

No comments: