Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Some Applause Please!

This morning was a tough one. I had good intentions to get a lot of things done today and last night I plotted out my plan of attack with great excitement. But I had a series of very bad migraines where your eyes go blurry and flash all morning. And by 10:30 I gave up at the risk of putting myself or others in danger. I couldn't drive to where I wanted to go because if it happened again I wouldn't be able to get home. It's just been one of those weeks, where any little thing takes a lot of effort.

So by lunch time I still had the migraine, but my vision was not blurry. What happens with these type of migraines is it starts out with the onset of blurry or spotted vision and then it fades and the actual migraine comes into play. But, I refused to sit at home and feel sorry for myself. I decided to stay close and drive Gracey to take a walk nearby at a local university. Believe me when I say it really took some faith on my part. I was feeling kind of down and sad.

When I pulled up through the main entrance I noticed hundreds of people and camera crews lined up on the main drive. As I pulled through towards where I was going to park everyone started clapping and cheering and shouting with excitement at Gracey and I as we drove by. I have NO IDEA what they were all doing there, but WOW, did the Lord know I needed some encouragement and applause today! I just soaked it it, smiled and waved and kept driving as I hysterically laughed my way to a parking spot. I know it was probably some sort of hurrah that had nothing to do with me, but just for today I will take it as my own personal cheering section!!!! And that after we drove by everyone promptly dispersed with an "Oh, Olivia and Gracey drove by, that's a rap, good work guys."

During our walk, I literally laughed out loud a dozen times. It was just one of those moments where you feel like you are in a dream. I should've gotten out of the car and thanked everyone for coming out today to cheer me on, continued with a lengthy 5 minute speech of who I wanted to thank, and so on. It really couldn't have happened on a better day or a better moment.

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

I love moments of encouragement. I am so glad that on a day where you were feeling down, you were met with love by people you didn't even know!

Joyfully said...

That is awesome!