Monday, January 31, 2011

And then there was a New Season

This blog is a huge step of faith for me. By the time I write and post it I am sure I will have hesitated a million times, but I must remember to not live by fear, but Faith. And so this is my way of stepping out and claiming this Promise.

We found out AMAZING news today, we are going to have a son. Yes, that means we are pregnant! 16 weeks to be exact and things are going well. This has been one of the most surprising journey's I have ever traveled and I am not even finished yet! From the time we found out we were pregnant, and Oh so shocked by the way, to this morning when the Lord revealed at our sonogram we are having a boy, I have been forced to lay down my fears and Believe. The entire story is so brilliant, so touching, and orchestrated for this new season, that I get chills every time I sit down and ponder these last months. I hardly have words to say to explain my Joy. I hardly know what to think sometimes. I feel like I am in a dream, a good one.

I never thought I would ever have a chance to Believe like this again, but this is a new season and God has smiled on me and remembered me. Why? I don't know. It wasn't because I cried enough, or complained. It is a simple GIFT. Our son is a GIFT from God, one that He has accomplished and one that He has a Will for beyond me or Bryan.

My health has been pretty good. I have had tons and tons of morning....ummmm, ALL DAY throwing up sickness and it is still going on. My body seems tired, but I haven't had any serious problems. Our son looks healthy and is growing on target. I am feeling him move!!!

We appreciate continued prayers for his health and mine. There are so many possibilities in the future of how things will go, but I am not even going to put them here. I am claiming he will be healthy and I will be ok. Please pray with us for protection and health.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Oh. My. Goodness!!! You look so beautiful!!!! I am so excited for you!! I don't know how you haven't burst from excitement yet!!! I wish I could give you a huge hug in person, but this will have to suffice!!! ::HUG:: Prayers for your beautiful, growing family!!! Love ya!!!! :-)

Leah said...

OLIVIA, this post makes me SO happy! You look beautiful, and I am so very thankful. I will be praying for sure! Congratulations--God is so good!!

Angela said...

Yipee! You look so absolutely wonderful. My dad always says pregnant women "glow", but in a good way, not in an oily skin way! ha,ha. prayers going up for you and the little man ;)

Katelyn said...

Oh my sweet Olivia, I am crying tears of joy! I am so thankful to the Lord for blessing you and Bryan with such a huge heart's desire. I am claiming health for everyone and will be lifting you up in prayer. Oh my gracious, the Lord is so good! Hallelujah!!!

Kristi said...

Wow!!!! This is so great, Olivia! I am so thrilled for you both and will definitely be praying for you and your baby boy! What a blessing!!!!!

M said...

YAY!!!!! SO happy for you. :) Lots of prayers will be going up for you and baby.