Friday, January 07, 2011

New Every Morning

We were delighted to do a hands-on project for our Christmas gifts this year. It was affordable, fun, and didn't take too much time. We bought letters from the craft store, painted and decorated them. We picked colors that would look good with their houses and decorated them with designs that reminded us of their personality. Bryan sealed them after and VIOLA! they were ready to be wrapped and go to their new homes.

And then when we weren't looking 2011 decided to show up! People write all sorts of things about the new year. But I think we often forget that with Jesus, every day is a clean slate, a new season and a new beginning.

"Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness. "
Lamentations 3:22-23

I rest in HOPE not because 12 months from now I can start over...be skinnier, eat healthier, love better, or read my Bible every day,...my HOPE is in that I have a Powerful God who always gives me a new chance. I rest in His sacrifice and I Believe in His Promises.

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

They are new every morning, hallelujah!

Della said...

Love your handmade Christmas gifts! That's a great idea! Handmade gifts are wonderful, and are so much more personal than just buying some gadget. Very cool, Olivia!