Monday, February 21, 2011

FurBall 2011

This years FURBALL was the best one I have ever been too. It may have something to do with the fact that MY SWEET HUSBAND AND DOG WON 1st PLACE and got a HUGE trophy!!!! I really couldn't believe it!!!! I actually screamed out loud for joy. The theme this year was Dog Pirates of the Caribbean. I had been thinking about our costumes, mostly Gracey's, for some time now and one day it hit me as I saw Gracey perching on Bryan's shoulder....she could be his parrot!!!!!! I made Gracey's outfit by glue-ing feathers and Bryan brilliantly made her beak....yes....Gracey wore a BEAK on her nose! Just wait until you see these photos. Bryan made the most cute Pirate I have ever seen and off we went to enjoy the Furball with our friends Kristen and Margie. There were hundreds of dogs and even more people! The people food was on one side like always, and then the doggie buffet was on the other. Bryan went up to participate in the costume contest with Gracey and slowly she remained up there through all the eliminations...until, they suddenly announced the 1st Place winner....Gracey Brigham!!!!!! I was so proud of her! It was as if I just won a million dollars...my art piece (Bryan and Gracey) actually placed first! He-he! Here are some photos of the evening.

4 comments:

Leah said...

LOVE it!!! Congratulations, Bryan and Gracey! And of course, I love the pug pirate!! Wish we could've been there--I can just see Daisy and Oscar dressed up as pirates!!

Angela said...

heeheehee or should I say harharhar! Congrats- so fun!

M said...

I love it! Gracie makes an awesome parrot, but an even better dog! :)

BonniBlog said...

Hi Olivia my looooong lost friend!! Your writing is BEAUTIFUL! SO...How have you been?? Btw, I love ALL your FurBall pix, but my very favorite one is the B&W one of Brian w/the patch...Miss you!! Bonni (Littleton)