Sunday, May 08, 2011

Come Home

Eternal lives call out to the living
and the living call out to the eternal

both cry urgently and say the same thing
yet it is blocked by death itself,
they cannot hear each other

but if they would...

the eternal would call out
the living would call out
and say to each other through tear stained cheeks
the same thing,

"my beloved, I miss you, come Home."

* I wrote this the day Josiah's stoned was place. I had a vision of everyone in the cemetery in heaven longing and waiting for those they love to be there with them. They wanted those that grieved them to come Home to Heaven, to the eternal, to Jesus and His Love. Then I saw the people who are living on the earth grieving for their children, sisters, husbands, or friends. They were in deep distress, missing their beloveds, wanting them here again and wanting them to just"...come...home..." Then it struck me that both of these realms of people are asking the same question of the other, they want them to come home.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Just beautiful. I never thought about it like that before. Thank you.

BK said...

I am so glad you posted this. Thank you, Sweet Girl.

Angela said...

I'm going to share this with my sister. I know it will touch her heart deeply as she still and will also have her heart too calling out to her son. Love you so much. Thank you always for sharing your heart and the picture. I don't know if "parting is sweet sorrow". It is sorrow, maybe it is sweet in that it reminds us that we are going to a better place.

jenn with two n's said...

Thank you sweet Olivia! On Sunday we visited Gordon's grave and Immy was sad because she couldn't hug Gordon. She asked if Jesus was with Gordon and I said yes. She saw the picture of Jesus holding a child in his arms on his gravestone and was mad because "that isn't the real Jesus and that is not the real Gordon." "I want to go to him. I want to hug him." She expressed exactly our heart's yearning! I call our son one who is "waiting up," we here are waiting up too! We long for more. Love to you both! The Lord Saves, Heals and Comforts~Thank you for Josiah.

M said...

You are still in my prayers. <3