Saturday, September 10, 2011

Truth and Wisdom

Solomon asked God for Wisdom. I pondered this and wondered why he didn't ask for Truth. But the Holy Spirit helped me realize that you can have and know Truth but its no guarantee that Wisdom will follow. In other words you can know Truth but it's a matter of Wisdom that allows you to LIVE IT, not just KNOW IT. Solomon was very right and mature in his request. He didn't just want to know the Truth in his head, he wanted the understanding to interpret the Truth that he may comprehend it and therefore have Wisdom. I long for this as well. I truly want to LIVE what I know. I want it to be so much intertwined with who I am that I don't have to think about and choose to act in Truth, but that it would be who I am. I have a very long way to go, but I will keep seeking. God says He gives Wisdom freely to those who ask (James 1:5). I ask You God for Wisdom and for understanding to lead and guide me.

No comments: