Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Crow Called Compromise

There's a crow that lives in my heart
he's black, deep and aware
his name is Compromise
and he feasts upon my mind
Insecurities, aloneness and grave vulnerability
they all opened it's wings to fly
straight into my soul
I felt its wings upon my chest
and laughed upon his gaze
I trembled with anger when others unveiled their stares
I misconstrued their sadness for judgement
they were trying to set me free
but I chose darkness instead
Oh, how I wish I could have seen their tears that day
But Compromise grew stronger
and devoured all Truth within

*Several days ago I snapped this photo and realized it spoke to me in many ways. One way in particular that I am troubled over in my heart, is God's people compromising in so many ways. It is like an infection eating the heart and one may welcome it at first because it feels like a good thing, but it is not. This is the lie of *atan, he masks as an angel of light, but he is poison. He wants us to believe that we are entitled to do what we want to feel good, but in reality it blinds us from hearing the Lord and hearing and walking with Him is what truly brings Joy. God has called us to be separate from the world, not follow the world's examples of self gratification, wealth, drinking and partying. We must be aware of this lie and know Truth so we can expose these infections before our life becomes about them and therefore pointless.

3 comments:

Angela said...

so true

Joyfully said...

wow, this is such a powerful allegory! Thanks for sharing.

BK said...

I love the way you see truth.