Monday, November 14, 2011

Updation Station

In 11 days I will run my first race. I have never participated in a run before and I am very excited about it! God has been doing a healing in my body and I am stronger than I have been in years. I will run a 5K which is 3.2 miles, yet I have already passed this goal and have run 4 miles non-stop so far. Several posts ago I explained how I became really sick after we buried Josiah. My body swelled up from medicines and I gained a lot of weight and had no energy. I began walking and doing the Wii fit every day and slowly over time, and largely due to Bryan's encouragement and patience, I began running. With Lupus you have a very fragile and fine line between pressing your body in exercise and causing a flare to where you can't do anything for days. But I trusted the Lord's guidance and the signals of my body and was able to cautiously challenge myself. I also began to eat WAY more healthy. In fact, this is kind of funny since I just posted about chocolate. I rarely eat chocolate or sweets anymore at all.

My heart is listening to the right Voice, my Shepherd. I take my sadness to Him. I take my anger to Him and I try to listen to His Truth beyond my tears. It really becomes a choice I must make every day and every day I do not regret making that I will Trust Jesus. It goes beyond church or a Christian culture. It is something only one who has walked through suffering and still Love Jesus can possibly fathom. I wrote about Faith last night and I will post about it soon.
Gracey is doing pretty good. She had a bad fall a couple of weeks ago and we had to rush her to the vet to make sure she was ok. She slipped off of her bed while it was in my arms because she got excited to see Bryan. It was so sad. She was whining and breathing weird. We brought her to the car to go to the vet and she threw up EVERYWHERE! It went all down the consul in the middle and we spent a lot of time cleaning it. She seem fine now. We were able to participate in this years Dream Night at the Grace. We are always so blessed to be a part of the PETS team. Dream Night is a special evening for children with disabilities and their families to come and basically be spoiled with fun! We met one sweet little boy who had autism. He was hesitant to touching. We talked with his Mom for a little while and Gracey did some tricks and Michael was very interested. He eventually warmed up to Gracey and even pet her and gave her a treat! There's never a moment I am doing something with the PETS team and feel like I didn't want to be there. This photo is of Gracey and Bosco the boxer. They were very excited about the treat they were about to receive!

We made some neat changes on our adoption situation and are so excited to see what the Lord does with our hearts submitting to His timing and His child for our home. Bryan and I talked a lot about it and have actually had a new sense of joy come into our hearts. I believe the Lord has a plan in all of this. In 1950 a swimmer, Florence May Chadwick tried to break the all time record of how far she could swim. She set out from the coast of California and the day unfortunately was extremely foggy. There was many boats around her to spot her for any difficulties that may arise. Yet, after 15 hours of her trying to cover 26 miles, she said she just could not go on. When she came into the boat she couldn't believe that she was only a MERE MILE away from finishing. This is my inspiration for not giving up. If I am but a mile from God bringing VICTORY, I must not look at the fog, but Believe God can give me the strength to keep going even if I cannot see.

So we wait for Victory and will not forget to Live in the meantime.

ALSO my closest friends had their sweet son, Elijah over a month ago and I was blessed to be able to be a part of so many sweet moments during his arrival. He is such a very special child to my heart and I am blown away by how much Tighe has been able to allow my heart freedom to love and hold Elijah. I took some newborn photos of him and this one is my favorite.

2 comments:

BeckyJoie said...

Hey, Olivia. Congrats on your progress toward healing with Lupus. I can relate. May you continue to heal and even flourish over time. Don't give up.

__Fellow survivor, BeckyJoie

M said...

I have not read your blog in a long time because of many reasons..all to do with being busy...but I read a few back and want to tell you again that my prayers are with you. And what changes have you made to adoption plans?! I was unaware you had any, unless you are talking about foster parenting with hopes of adoption. Let me know what's going on if you're ready to share so that I can pray!!! <3