Monday, November 28, 2011

Whatever God does is FOREVER!

You can run from a lot of things. The past, the future and even the present. But what happens when you run to claim what God is doing in the "now"? What happened during my first 5K run will be something I remember for a long time. It symbolized so much in my life, but the greatest thing I ran for that day is to claim the Lord Heals. Josiah's name means exactly that, "My God Heals." The journey I have taken to claim and seek this even though he is not here with us has been extremely challenging and difficult. But when we are faced with a situation like this, we either live or die. As we began the race it was very cold, we were in New Mexico which has an elevation of 1 mile high, and as we rounded the first corner, I realized it was going to be an uphill battle. In fact, more than 75% of the run was uphill!!!!!! How symbolic! I had to not think about the finish or what the road looked like to get there. I focused on what was in front of me and kept putting one foot in front of the other. This is what I have been doing emotionally and spiritually. I thought of our son and my journey. I thought of God's Hand upon my shoulder saying "you can do this," I thought of the choice I made to Believe God and walk in His Love, I thought of how focusing on God had brought healing to my body, I thought of our sweet sons face and holding him. We knew we were running to honor Josiah's life. We made bands to put on our left arms that has his little face on it and the verse the Lord gave me of Ecclesiates 3:14 that says "I know that whatever God does, it shall be forever." 38 minutes later after an incredible prayer-run, I crossed the finish line to the best welcome and excitement ever! Our friends were there with signs, smiles, and picture-taking. They knew our journey and I don't believe there was a dry eye between any of us. We claimed healing that day. I may struggle with sadness and sorrow still, but to physically run and petition the Lord was beautiful.




4 comments:

BK said...

I wish your readers could really understand how difficult that run was. I am so proud of you!

Angela said...

yeah!! way to go you two. You look so beautiful. love the armbands and scripture, the friends and family who cheered for you. Wish I could have been there, but glad to hear about it from afar. ;) hugs

Katie said...

Way to go!!! I'm so proud of you!!! :-)

Barb Reynolds said...

You are one awesome lady and I am so proud of you !!! I wish I could have been there. having friends greet you at the end must have been a comfort to you.

Love to you both, Barb