We live in a world where slowly and slowly the wrong people are coming to power and influencing in ways we never thought would be possible. We live in a world where tolerance and accepting sin is somehow beautiful and right. Where claiming the Truth of the Bible makes one seem ignorant, foolish, or my favorite...judgemental. We live in a world where we don't even recognize the contaminating affects of the media in music, TV shows, and movies. We love our entertainment, and jeopardize our values and wonder why our children are acting out, hating, and hurting at such young ages. We rather be entertained then actually live. We look around completely dumbfounded when we see catastrophe's happen. We are the first one's to blame God and ask, "Where is God in all of this?" and we somehow erase the choices people have made since the beginning of time and believe we are getting "better" not worse. We live in a world where even churches and believers compromise their values and God's Truth so they can be socially accepted. We make churches into coffee shops, play grounds and more about events to keep families busy and active thinking they are doing something spiritual when they are not. We should be diving in and preparing for a time that is coming where if we don't know what we believe then we are in danger of being deceived by one who has been preparing for this since we existed. If we think this is about politics, we are wrong. If we think this is about governmental influences, we are wrong. If we think it is solvable, we are wrong. The problem is...we are in great danger...all of us....Christians and non-Christians. If Christians don't start waking up and feeding on God's Truth, then we will not know the lies that will overtake us and we will listen to them. *atan is a deceiver and his plan is known to us. He will mask as an angel of light and come as an anti-christ. But do you think it will be easy for us to deny him? Do you think he will be a "bad" person? He will seem like a good person. He will disguise himself even as Jesus. He comes to do one thing and one thing only, to kill your souls and keep you from the Truth by any means possible. Christians are already beginning to be hated, mocked and persecuted. It will get worse, it will be worse then even the Holocaust and millions of people will stand by and not even blink because of the influence of the "holy one" (the anti-christ). The non-Christians I don't even know how to address. They will be a pawn in a sickening and cruel game. Their only hope will be Jesus and the risk and possibility of choosing Him will be very difficult if possible at all. So what do we do?
1. Do not think you are strong enough. The ONLY strength that will help anyone now and then is the strength of Jesus Christ. The Bible says there is power in the name of Jesus. You are always susceptible to being deceived so know Truth and ask the Lord to help you discern.
2. Read the word. READ THE WORD. KNOW THE WORD. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you treasures from God's word. READ....READ....READ. Saturate yourself in Truth. We are made to see millions of advertisements a day whether we like it or not...there is an agenda to deaden our minds and hearts with things that do not matter....we have to literally "feed" ourselves Truth if we are going to listen to it and have it before our minds.
3. Live now how you would if the end was upon us. Live your Faith radically. Every person you see is either going to Heaven or going to hell. This sounds harsh, but it is the reality here. The hate of the world and the reality of pain has propelled people's hearts into apathy. Look around you today, see the sadness in someones eyes...notice the anger that covers up a pain or loss instead of the actions and love instead of being offended.
4. Do not submit to casual Christianity and do not be afraid to stand up for Truth even in a church setting. So many churches are compromising...see old post "When the Crosses are Gone". So many preachers and teachers are teaching what itching ears want to hear instead of Truth.
2 Tim 4:3
"For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear."
5. Have Peace and Trust the Lord. There are many things to worry about in this life, but we must let go of what we cannot control. We can discover some of the "birth pains" of the end times and know a basic timeline of events in the future concerning the end times, but we have to understand we are not God and not meant to know and comprehend everything. The hardest part I have had in the trials I have walked through is simply trusting when I don't understand. This is what faith really is. We must TRUST God has us and He will keep us.
6. Do not obsess about the end times or the things yet to come to where you are no longer useful in the right now. We can take any issue of the Lord and obsess about it to the point of where we check out of the task before us for that day or our lives.