Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Prince of Peace

Many years ago I wrote about how I saw Jesus at my bedside when I was very sick in the hospital. It has been an image I can never erase, describe or explain fully. Today I happened to be at a bookstore wanting to waste some time and I was lead to Akaine Kramarik's book. I remembered vaguely from Todd Burpo's testimony in Heaven is for Real, that he saw Jesus too and the only picture that came close to what he saw was Akaine's painting of Him. That was the only part I knew until today. Akiane's family did not believe or know about Jesus or God. God literally gave Akaine visions, ministering angels, and wisdom to be a testimony to the Lord. God says in Psalm 8:2 "From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger." She is only ten!!! At the age of 4 she drew sketches that most adults would never accomplish even with a step by step chart! Her work mirrors my hearts desire in my photography, to tell a story, reflect the Creator and bring people's eyes and hearts toward His Love. If you have a chance google this precious child's work and see what the Lord is doing! My favorite painting is of course the one she did of Jesus called "Prince of Peace." I remember those same eyes...so fierce, so Loving and crying...crying...crying for me.

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

I remember I saw that painting a while ago and when I saw it I just started sobbing, and then when I came across it again recently the same reaction... completely sobbing. I have a feeling I will probably have the exact same reaction when I see him face to face in eternity. I will be a wonderful, hot mess. I love you so much Olivia, thank you for sharing it.

PS: Do you and Brian still have the Rosetta Stone for Hebrew? I was wondering if I could borrow it or purchase it from you. If not, it's not problem, I just remember you mentioning it a while ago. :)