Thursday, May 10, 2012

Our Groundskeeper

Bryan and I planted a small garden this year and we have a well mannered groundskeeper that we are delighted about!  His name is Csiga, which means "snail" in Hungarian.  I guess I figured it kind of fits his personality.  In fact, I think he likes the area so much, he invited some relatives to camp along with him.  The other day I counted 7 snails!!!!  Today Gracey and I got to check up on him.  Here are some cute photos!

Can't you just see the deep friendship developing between them!!!???



Csiga has many tasks in our garden.  He slimes his way to help till the soil.  He munches on bugs and roots (although I did have to have a little "heart to snail" today because he was chewing on my Lilies!!!), he protects the garden from any intruders by distracting them by spinning around and making them dizzy, he also has a very rare snail talent and can sword fight with his eye tentacles!!!!  He is one special snail!


"For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him." Col. 1:16

1 comment:

Angela said...

We have had snails for our fish tank before and I think they are so beautiful! I have been missing snails and geckos this spring.