Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Not Another Day, but a GOOD Day

Today I walked in to a big surpirse!  Micah came off the Jet ventilator today!  This is a huge deal.  She is on the coventional ventilator and seems to be doing very well with it!  I am so proud of her.  This means her lungs are getting stronger.  She has another air leak now.  This is also sort of good news because it means she is growing as well.  The doctor told us today that if it gets worse or something happens where it comes out like last time, they will try her on C-PAP!!!!  THIS HAS BEEN OUR GOAL!!!!  She said she thinks it may be a week or so.  I am very nervous, but also VERY excited because it means that I will get to try to feed Micah myself!  I have been dreaming about this and been so excited for the time where I will get to bond with her in that way.  She is growing so big.  She is now 3 lbs 12 oz.  Not to far from 4 lbs!  She is getting over two infections and still is on antibiotics and will be for 2 more weeks.  They had some major problems getting her PICC line in, but finally succeeded, much to the relief of everyone.  The alternative was not something we wanted to do and we are very happy she wont have to do that.  She had her 3rd eye doctor appointment today and one eye seems to be unchanged, but her right eye may be a little tiny bit worse.  Because she was born so early she is at risk for retinopathy, where her retina's don't grow completely over her eye, or worse, they detach.  The doctor will come back Friday and examine them again.  If he sees anything suspicious, Micah will have to go to Cooks for a shot procedure in her eye.  It sounds so horrible, but in all reality, it may end up saving her vision, and if so we will rejoice.  I am still praying for complete healing. Her doctor said she is very pleased with her progress and that we are making progress!!!!  This is great news after such a hard weekend with her oxygen levels rising and her fighting the infections.  It seems that whenever she goes through a bad spell, she comes out stronger. 

She has been loving her clothes!!!!  We have a whole drawer full of cute outfits.  She loves her pacifier, worship music, and swaddling and snuggling!  We have had some neat cuddle time with her where she has been out 2-3 hours at a time!!!!  The neatest thing is when I quote or read scripture or sing worship, her levels go up and she is super happy.  To know that my child already recognizes the beauty and peace of truth, blesses me beyond anything.  The other day when I was holding her, Bryan and I were so tickled because when he would pay attention to her, her alarms were quiet (her O2 was above 88), but when he turned to look at paper work, her alarms would start beeping!!!  She did it several times.  SHE LOVES HER PAPA!!!!  It was as if she was playing a game with us.  We were laughing so hard.

We have had so many wonderful visitors, calls, mail, packages, and texts.  I can't even recount how many times something arrived THE EXACT DAY we needed that encouragement.  Thank you all so very much.

We still need prayers!!!  Please pray for her lungs to get better and better and BETTER!  Pray for her infections to go away, pray for her eyes to heal.  Pray for a SPIRITUAL COVERING over her as the NICU is a blessing, but there is a lot of warfare around us ALL THE TIME.  Pray for Bryan and I, for strength, unity and peace.  Pray for her nurses to be PICKED BY JESUS.  Pray for her doctors, techs, and anyone else who comes into contact with her.  Pray with us for HEALING for her.  We still hope to be home in September.  Every day is a blessing to us and we are rejoicing.  It is a TOTALLY different world here.  I pray the Lord will sustain us all and help us live for Him even in the intensity of our journey.  I don't want to be swallowed in my own world when I have so much opportunity to love those around me that try to do this without the Lord.  Pray God can use me as a Light here somehow.   

No comments: