Thursday, July 26, 2012

Today We Can Say Tomorrow!!!

My Morning Prayer Time
Micah has done well without the jet so far!  In fact tomorrow...YES you are reading correctly.....we PRAY.....tomorrow Micah will go on C-PAP!  Most parents would be a little concerned seeing their child hooked up to a "trunk" looking machine, but ME....NO WAY!!!  I am going to rejoice and do flips!!! (well, I would if I could ya know!).  If you don't know what C-PAP is click on the word to find out more.  Also, one of the things I have been longing and waiting for is to hear Micah cry...tomorrow, Lord willing, we will get to hear this for the first time!  She will not have a breathing tube in her trachea with C-PAP and will be able to make sounds!!!  I am planning on camping out at the NICU all morning to make sure I DO NOT MISS THIS!  I will also take video of this moment.  If she does not tolerate C-PAP, they will re-intubate her with with a bigger tube, and we will try again next time.  The Lord is working regardless of what happensWe KNOW OUR GOD IS MIGHTY TO SAVE!!!!  Our next step, after she is stable on C-PAP, is for us to begin breastfeeding, and I am beyond beyond beyond excited for this.  We still have a little ways to go.  Please pray that she does well today. They turned the pressure down on her Conventional Vent to prepare her for tomorrow so she is having to breathe more on her own and seems a little tired.  I tried to hold her today, but was only able to briefly. 

3 comments:

Katie said...

YAY YAY YAY!!! I have chills and tears in my eyes as I read this!!! God is so good!! Way to go Micah!! You are one tough little girl!! No one can stop you!! Keep growing!! We're all so very proud of you!! And Olivia and Bryan, you two are amazing as well!! Keep up the good work!! Micah is such a lucky little girl to have you as parents!! You are all in our prayers constantly!! Thank you so much for the update, and I'm thrilled that it's such a positive update!! Love you guys!!! :-)

Angela said...

We are so happy for you, Bryan and of course for little Micah! So wonderful to hear that she is doing so well and growing stronger day by day. We will continue to pray for her healing.

Mandy said...

Yay, Olivia! I am so happy to hear this good news. I pray that things have gone smoothly since you posted last. I cannot wait to hear the next update!