Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21, 2012

Micah's Birthday

In the early morning hours, after several days of being sick, the nurse came into my hospital room and told us Micah would be born that day.  My levels were dropping fast.  It wasn't the lupus causing the problems, it was HELP syndrome.  I had spent several days hospitalized in Abilene when they told me they were going to have to care flight me to Harris in Ft. Worth.  We were buying time, taking steroid shots, trying to rule out the possibility that it was the lupus, but it was not.  My body was breaking down fast and Micah was in trouble too.

This is me waking up for my C-section finding out Micah was alive and holding up her tiny little diaper.  And yes, they bruised my lip when they intubated me (they had to because I was at risk to hemorrhage because my platelets were below 30,000). 

Waking up from my C-section, Bryan shows me a photo of Micah.  I ask immediately if she was alive and
he said YES!

Micah in her incubator wrapped up to keep warm.  The breathing tube they used to help
her live was the smallest one possible, and it BARELY fit.  God was there, watching!

My first time seeing Micah.  I had to wait for the MAG drip to stop before I was allowed
down to the NICU.  I was so scared and so excited to meet my daughter.

 Micah was born weighing 1.2 lbs. She was 23 weeks 5 days gestationally. She was our miracle from day one.


1 comment:

Angela said...

Wow- wow- thank you for sharing your journey.