Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Lung Doctor Appointment

On Monday we had our pulmonologist appointment in Fort Worth for Micah.  We had hoped she would be off this oxygen by now, but she will need it a little longer, although she's on even lower than .1 which is BARELY any at all!!!!  Her lungs sound great though and the doctor was pleased with her.  We snapped these photos as we waited in the room.  She did get her RSV shot.  We have been VERY cautious about shots and immunizations.  The RSV one is only the antibodies and not the actual virus, so we felt like it was safe for her especially since we are headed into RSV season.  She DID NOT like it at all, but Papa scooped her up after and cuddled her to her hearts content. 
Micah is becoming so alert lately.  She smiles and coo's when she see's you!!!  I am waiting for that first laugh!  I think she may almost be there soon.  I hope to get a video of it.  She is such a sweet baby.  Things have calmed down some since we have been home.  She weighed 8 lbs 10 oz yesterday!  She is nearly 6 months (8 weeks adjusted).  She eats pretty well most of the time.  But watch out, because that spit up can make an amazing distance!  I think she'd win if there was an Olympic sport of it!!!  Look at those curious eyes! 

5 comments:

Katie said...

I can not believe how big she's getting!! I'm so glad that she's doing so well!! We had a bought with RSV 2 winters ago. My kiddos were not preemies by any stretch of the imagination and it was rough. I think that was a very wise move to have her vaccinated!! It looks like you guys are doing a great job!! She's beautiful!! Love ya!! :-)

Katie said...

I can't believe how big she's getting!! I am so glad to hear that she's doing so well too!! We had a bought with RSV 2 winters ago. My kids were far from being preemies, and it was rough. I think that was a wise move to have her vaccinated. I didn't even know that was an option! It looks like you guys are doing a great job!! She's beautiful!! Love ya!! :-)

Angela said...

she is looking so big! Yeah to yall ;)

Optimistic Existentialist said...

PRECIOUS!! Beautiful blog by the way!

JenniferS Wallace said...

I love seeing your faces with Micah! So joyful! Blessings as you continue to bless others through your writing, your outlook and simply the life you are living. Much love,
Jenn (Ange's little sister)