Wednesday, November 28, 2012

(YES) This is A True Story

I don't make it a habit to sleep with Micah in the bed, but the other night, completely exhausted, I woke up to my warm snugly bundle curled up by my side and after several minutes of her restlessness, I knew I had to put her back in her cradle next to me.  I attempted this maneuver with two things in mind (1) DO NOT wake her up and (2) don't completely wake me up either.  So without the lights on, eyes still half closed, I picked her up and began laying her down in her bed.  But something was not right.  In the soft nights glow, I squinted my eyes and saw that there was already something there!!!!  Dazed and confused, I took a moment to decipher the situation.  I looked in the crib and saw Micah, tucked in tight, sleeping away peacefully.  Well......then who was in my arms??????????  It was Gracey!!!!  I thought Gracey was Micah and tried to put her back in her crib.  I will never forget the look on Gracey's face...and I wish I could have seen the look on my face .  I climbed back in bed laughing and thought, WOW...So does this mean I am officially tired now?

4 comments:

BK said...

I LOVE THAT!!!
You have got to be one of the world's funniest moms!

Leah said...

That is SO funny!!! So happy everything is well with the Brigham family!!

BK said...

Just read this again. I had to. Still love it. Szeretlek!

Mandy said...

Haha...that's cute. I am so excited to read your updates when you post them. And SO thrilled that your baby girl is doing so well.