Saturday, May 24, 2014

Reality

The movie "The Matrix" always freaks me out a little bit because it reflects an accurate image of what we deal with in the spiritual realm as opposed to the flesh.  How reality can be known, but has to be chosen, is far to real to me.  It is not a game.  It is not false.  A reality does exist beyond what we see and what is displayed on the surface and if we do not try and dig deeper, we will live a purposeless life thinking that we are truly living.  Are you following me here?  Ha-Ha!  I know, we are diving deep today.

The object of the *nemy is to make it all look so real to us.  He is a liar and distorter.  In fact the main "weapons" he uses are all within one main way.... he uses lies.  The Bible says he is "the father of lies." (John 8:44) We are not just dealing with a minuscule immature liar, we are dealing with a good liar and a deceiver at that.  But it all originates with distorting and perverting God's Truth.  The *nemy wants to get us to agree with him that God is the liar and so his whole objective is simple, to lie, to use our lives and circumstances to try and get us away from Who God is.  It is what he has been doing from the fall of man.  If he can get us to agree with him about anything, he has a foothold and can initiate his venom to impair us, immobilize us, and cripple our hearts, lives and futures.  The ways we can defeat and protect ourselves against this has to be with spiritual weaponry.  ( 2 Corinthians 10:3-5, Ephesians 6:10-18) We are unable to do this on our own.  It always fails.  Our hearts and minds can never conquer the *vil one by our own wills. Time and time again we fail.  It happened in the garden of Eden and it continues to happen now.  We need the Ultimate Weapon, we need JESUS.

The *nemy desires us to believe that life is about pleasing ourselves, gaining status, looking good, being good, having things, being tolerant, and the list goes on and on.  That is the world before the Matrix happens. It is without purpose, without meaning and continues with harm, sin and hatred.  Life is not worth living if it is about pleasing oneself.  The whole world points to a Creator even down to cells within the body.  We must "drink" deeply of Truth, like they did in the movie, of Jesus, and awaken our eyes to Reality.  Just as things began to make sense to the main character in the Matrix, as we dig deeper into Who God is, things start to become clear.  At first we may be a little shocked like Neal was, but he was pulled in because he felt the True purpose rise up in himself.

Just like they experienced a battle even in the Reality of the Matrix, so do we as well as our eyes open to Truth.  There is a HUG E war occurring and we are in the midst of it.  Sometimes it requires us to be shaken, to remember how it all got started, to ask questions and seek answers.  Sometimes it is confusing as well. But the beauty of our reality is that we are being brought out of the darkness into the Light. (1 Peter 2:9)  But that is not all...we have spiritual weapons that help aid us against the *nemy.

The other day I was driving in the car and heard a song I have not heard before on the radio.  We only listen to music that honors God in our home and vehicles.  I truly believe music is a powerful weapon that works both ways for or against the Lord.  It is a portal to our hearts, minds and especially emotions.  We must obey the Lord and guard these places and lead our hearts to God's Truth in a world that has an agenda to obliterate Jesus.  The song sang a verse that said "the *nemy tries to make us forget what we know, but the angels come and remind us again."  I am almost certain I do not have the exact words correct!  But nevertheless it stuck out to me so much that I am still pondering the Truth behind it.  How is it that we can question what we know?  And it may not even come in the form of an actual question, but just thoughts that surprise us and make our hearts hard.  And if you think you are beyond that, just dwell on one fact alone...how is it that Israel was redeemed by God literally parting the Red Sea and then turned around and built a golden calf to worship?  If the Israelites WHO JUSR SAW GOD PART A HUGE SEA (COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!) can stray, then how much more are we at risk?  I can use so many examples.  I literally have overwhelming senses of shock when I just wonder how far away are we really from righteousness.  I think back to the city of Sodom and Gomorah and how God was asked if there was 100 righteous people would He spare it and He said no, and it continued down to one person.  I fear God in the sense, that I pray that I am considered righteous, but I also wonder how far away I really am from even being considered it.

The world is not our friend.  God said He has "set us apart for good works." ()  That is not going to look like the world at this point in our world.  It just wont.  We have to be willing to be different from the world and teach our children that it is ok, and not only ok, but delightful and honored thing.  This is why I cannot compromise on Santa, Halloween and the Easter bunny.  I just know too much of how rich Jesus is and I cannot go back. I know some people who are suspicious of the governments lying and masking spirit and then here we are lying to our innocent children, and for what?  I just can't figure it out.  I cannot lie to my child and I cannot allow the world to influence the reality of what those days are truly about whether it is about Jesus or about insanely demonic rituals of Halloween (look it up!).  We must open our eyes.  Now is the time, not in a week, not when the kids get older, not when nobody is looking or asking questions or thinking you are weird.  It happens now.  When Jesus said "do not deny me, or I will deny you" I feel like we have a responsibility beyond just acknowledging that we are Believers, but we also must stand for what we believe without shame.  The other day I brought Ahava to the small post office and the sweet man whom we saw on our last visit behind the counter asked if she had fun hunting Easter eggs.  At that moment, I just knew I couldn't deny my Savior.  I gently told him with a smile on my face that we don't do Easter eggs on Easter, but that we celebrate Jesus' resurrection.  I figured even before I opened my mouth the reaction I would get, but I am fighting the non-seen here, no time to be wasted.  Instantly the mans demeanor changed.  It was as if he was an entirely different person all of a sudden.  I tried to keep talking with him, but the wall came up and my heart felt the Savior's hands on me and His Love trying to break through.  I walked back to the car and told God that I can't deny Him, I just can't I was saying over and over.  Ahava's hands went up to "Praise Jesus."  Oh how the Lord blesses me through her heart.   

The Matrix is just a movie, but one that I believe causes us to ask some questions about our world and existence.  It can be a little unusual to comprehend the parallelisms between the movie and our world, but the reality is that without Jesus we will never truly live.  We must understand and guide our hearts and minds to Truth because the world is not and will not offer this to us.  It wont magically show up on our laps.  It wont pop out of the refrigerator one day.  Unless we cause our hearts to desire to allow the Holy Spirit to grow us, mold us and shape us, we will just be living in a fabricated world without ever knowing the beauty of the Truth that waits when we take the "Jesus" pill.

No comments: