Thursday, August 14, 2014

I Always Will

It took at least an hour this morning to unload the dishwasher. I couldn't help seeing that bright-eyed little bushel of joy beckoning me to play, teasing me with her giggles as she repeatedly ran down the hallway shouting my name and not melt.  My name is Mama now, just in case you didn't know.  I am no longer Olivia as I was once. The expectation she had as she kept insisting on stealing my dish towel that I would abruptly begin frantically looking for it and run after her to "get" it is another treasured sight and sound I will add to my vault of Thankfulness.  Who cares about the dishwasher.  One plate, one fork made it to its place slowly.  All that I needed to appreciate at that moment was before me.  Her world was me, was me chasing her, and was knowing that I would.

No comments: